LCHF Cheesy Garlic Oopsie Pizza Bread Recipe
2 September 2015
I started down the path of following a Low Carb, High Fat (LCHF) way of eating (WOE) over 6 months ago after a year of what I can only describe as a pseudo-paleo way of life. It was only about a month ago that I actually tried out this oopsie bread that I kept hearing about. Here is my version that I’ve adapted for the thermomix. We have it instead of bread or pasta, basically any time we need something to soak up delicious sauces. I’ve heard that you can make “sweet” versions by using cinnamon but I’ve yet to try this. I haven’t tried making it into buns as it’s the quickest for me just to spread it out on a pizza pan and bake it like this. Look, it’s not bread. It’s a thinned out omelette that is cheesy and soaks up sauces. But then, again, I’m in the best shape I have been even despite having my two beautiful kids so I’m not going to question the decision to cut out bread.
· 3 eggs
· ½ Cup of full fat cream cheese
· a pinch of salt
· ½ teaspoon of baking powder
· 1 clove of fresh garlic or 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
· Lots of full fat tasty cheese
· Cake Mixer
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Separate the egg whites directly into the cake mixer bowl with a pinch of salt. Whisk until peaks form.
3. If you are using fresh garlic, I would chop this up in the thermomix bowl. Otherwise, if you are using crushed garlic, add the egg yolks directly into the thermomix bowl, add cream cheese, garlic and baking powder.
4. Set the thermie to speed 4 for 30 sec.
5. Transfer the yolk mixture into the cake mixer bowl with the whisked egg whites. Carefully fold the mixture, without over mixing it.
6. Line a pizza pan with baking paper. Spoon the mixture onto the pan and spread it out to fill. It is supposed to have a fluffy texture. My little ones tell me I’m making cloud bread.
7. Go crazy with sprinkling the cheese on top. You can try different types of cheese.
8. Bake for about 25mins. Enjoy!! Here I have served it with my husband's version of delicious Hungarian Paprika Chicken.
Your Brand in Harmony
The Modrovich Residence
STAY CONNECTED, FOR THE LATEST MD NEWS & EVENTS: